ABOUT THE IDAHO FALLS SKI CLUB
The Idaho Falls Ski club was founded in 1947. Skiers enjoyed skiing at the Pine Basin Ski Resort located just north of Swan Valley, ID. While Pine Basin is no longer open, this bit of history can still be seen from the highway between Swan Valley and Victor. Skiers and snowboarders today enjoy several local ski areas in the Eastern Idaho region as well as nearby Wyoming, Montana, and Utah. A few of the original members of the club still ski today proving what a wonderful life time sport and recreation skiing can be. (If you have photos or information of the club's early days that you would like to share, please contact the webmaster.)
We are one of the largest ski clubs in the Western United States with thousands of members who ski or snowboard. Not bad for a small city of only 50,000. The club is operated by volunteers from all disciplines of snow gliding sports; alpine skiing, nordic skiing, snowboarding, and telemarking. The club offers many promotional recreational ski programs and welcomes every level, age and kind of skier and snowboarder. It's still one of the great values available offering the chance to not only pay for itself before the snow falls, but many times over throughout the winter season. Where else can you invest only $25 and immediately receive hundreds of dollars in values towards your favorite recreation?
The club stongly stands by the goal of offering lessons and ski opportunities at greatly reduced rates to every member at every age. We do this by holding a huge Ski Sale and Festival every Fall. Proceeds go towards member subsidies for lessons, trips, social events and to the support of the junior race team.
Mission and Goals
ItIt is the mission of the Idaho Falls Ski Club to actively promote lifelong winter recreation for all ages throughout the Idaho Falls and surrounding communities in the form of Alpine and Nordic skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing through its recreational and educational activities.
The objective and goal of the Idaho Falls Ski Club is to:
a. Promote proficiency in skiing and snowboarding through lessons and educational activities at discounted costs to its members.
b. Promote skiing through the sponsorship of the Kelly Canyon Ski Team and Ski Training Center
c. Promote recreational skiing and snowboarding through creating and sponsoring programs, such as: programs with the Idaho Falls School District.
d. Provide these opportunities through fund raising efforts including the Annual Ski Sale & Fest, membership fees, donations, activity sponsorship and other fund raising activities.
e. Provide ski and snowboarding related social activities for club members.
f. Provide a resource for winter recreation activities for IFSC members
When asked why one would want to join, it's an easy answer... the great values!
- Discounted lift tickets at many areas like Jackson Hole, Kelly Canyon, Targhee, Big Sky, Snowbasin, etc.
- $5 kids lessons at Grand Targhee ($69 value)
- $10 adult lessons at Grand Targhee ($69 value)
- Two greatly discounted instructional day trips for only $19 at Pomerelle Ski Resort
- Low costs for great ski trips, local, and International, Nordic and Alpine (subsidy amounts vary)
- Warming Hut at the Kelly Canyon Nordic Area (Free use to IFSC members)
- Social parties and events (Parties are subsidized for members)
- Discount coupons for ski related services and items, food, lodging, and other great offers
- Free membership to the Intermountain Ski Council and the Far West Ski Association.
PRICES OF MEMBERSHIP IF PURCHASED IN PERSON
- Adult Membership $25.00
- Junior Membership (ages 0-20) $15.00
HOW TO JOIN
JOIN ONLINE - click the "Join the Club" menu button on the left and follow the instructions to join online. Please note: this is not an instant process. Your membership card will need to be mailed to you within a couple of weeks. Further, you will be charged a processing fee of 10% to cover costs in processing the credit card, etc. Additionally, $1.20 is charged for postage for each coupon book you request. ALSO NOTE: Vouchers are only sold in person at our specified vendors, see below. Check on the details by reading the information found in the Member's Area - Discounted Lifts.
JOIN BY MAIL - or by purchasing your membership at the locations below. Just print out the Membership Application from the web page and send it in with your check. You can join in person at the annual Ski Sale or you can contact one of the following businesses or sales representatives. Click here to print the form.
WHERE TO JOIN IN PERSON
You may buy your memberships at the Ski Sale on the 2nd weekend in November. (see the "Ski & Board Sale and Fest" page for hours and dates) Memberships are also available at all club social events.
OR at the following locations:
- Idaho Mountain Trading Company -- 474 Shoup, Idaho Falls, ID. M-Th, Sat 10-6, Fri 10-7. 523-6679
- INL Employee's Association -- c/o Teri Ehresman, INL, Idaho Falls, ID 526-7785
- 3 Peaks Outdoor Sports-- 910 E Lincoln RoadId,aho Falls, ID M - Sat 7:00 - 6:00 523-7374
- Chevron Station - 17th & Woodruff, 1670 E 17th, Idaho Falls, ID, open 24 hrs a day
The Idaho Falls Ski Club... A tradition of promoting winter fun for everyone!