Tips, advice and good stuff to know to keep you skiing your best!
Brought to you by Idaho Mountain Trading Company, Idaho Falls’ Sports Specialists
Skiers: Alpine binding manufactures recommend you have your bindings inspected and tested everyseason. Having them inspected assures you that the binding’s release and retention values are correct. A good ski tech will also check for loose, worn or broken parts. It’s well worth the investment in your gear and in your safety.
- If screws are loose, moisture can penetrate the core of the ski and cause delamination.
- Loose screws must be taken out,reglued and tightened to a specific torque.
- Boot soles also need to be inspected.
Snowboarders: Check your binding plate screws before you head to the hill. Plate screws come loose often and you should be checking these screws quite frequently. It’s a good idea to use a dab of removeable lock-tite on each of these screws (the blue goo).
- Check other screws as well, such as ankle, toe and ladder straps.
- Check ladder straps for cracks or stripped out teeth,nothing worse than breaking a strap and having to walk the rest of the way!
Skiers and snowboarders should have their equipment tuned at the beginning of the season. There’s a huge difference between a well tuned base and one that’s not. A good tune also makes it easier to perform on the slopes.
Stop in and have IMT help you keep your gear in top shape for a safe and fun winter.