BIG SKY (www.bigskyresort.com) is again offering their FREQUENT SKY CARD to IFSC members at the IFSC annual sale. See the DISCOUNT LIFT TICKET chart in this newsletter and the IFSC web site for details.
Utah ski hills are sporting big improvements this year with over $100 million of on-mountain capital investments including new terrain, on-mountain enhancements, new lifts, and remodeling at many of the resorts. Notable offers this year:
- Ski Utah’s 5th and 6th Grade Passports Program is offered to kids nationwide. Fifth graders receive three free lift tickets at each of Utah’s 14 resorts and sixth graders receive one free lift ticket to each resort, with a $35 processing fee.
- This year Brighton Resort has increased the age to “ski free” to 10 years and younger. Ranked No. 1 for family affordability and terrain, it’s the ultimate family ski destination.
- The new Ski3 Pass offers a full day lift ticket at Powder Mountain, full day lift ticket at Snowbasin Resort, and half day at Nordic Valley Resort for $159.
- Book your stay Sundance Mountain Resort and receive two free lift passes per night. This package includes night skiing on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evening.
- If you can only make a few turns in the afternoon, Alta Ski Area offers a $10 ticket ($5 recharge) to ski after 3 p.m. on Sunnyside, Albion and Cecret.
- Don’t forget January is Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month Many of Utah’s resorts participate and offer packages containing a lift ticket, rentals and lesson for $45.
Mountain Collective is new this year. For $449, you can ski for 22 days at 11 different international resorts. If you’re ready to explore Jackson Hole and beyond, this package is for you. Participating resorts include Jackson Hole, Sun Valley, Alta (Utah), Snowbird (Utah), Lake Louise (Alberta, Canada), Sunshine Village ( Alberta, Canada), Aspen Snowmass (Colorado), Mammoth (California), Stowe (Vermont), Squaw Valley (California), Taos (New Mexico), Thredbo (Australia), and Whistler Blackcomb (British Columbia, Canada).
Jackson Hole is offering a once-in-a-lifetime 50th Anniversary opportunity. During Jan 11-31, 2016, Jackson Hole’s Golden Ticket allows any season pass holder from any resort to receive 50% off their lift ticket.
Grand Targhee has now added Fat Bike trails for a ticket of only $10. This resort is always proud to help out with $45 full-day tickets for active military.
Pebble Creek is the perfect place for ski parties! The entire Aspen Area and lodge can be rented for a private party for up to 250. Private ski lessons and catering can be added to this package.